Your VAT Return is due on the 21st of the month. Learn More

Part-Exchanges, Returned Goods, Deposits etc.

What You Must Do If You Issue A Debit Note



If a supplier issues a VAT invoice for goods or services to a recipient for a consideration which is less than the true consideration, the supplier may:

  • cancel and recover the original invoice, and issue a replacement invoice showing the correct amount of any VAT due, if any or;
  • issue a debit note.

If you issue a debit note, you must:

  • record this in your accounting records
  • on your next VAT return, the adjustments must be recorded as Output Tax on line #135 of your Tax Return form.

Contact Us

St. Lucia Inland Revenue Department
VAT Section
Manoel Street
St. Lucia, W.I.

Tel: (758) 468 2800
Fax: (758) 452 4984

Useful Links

Inland Revenue Department


Government of Saint Lucia

View All